Wednesday, 5 October 2011

Cappodocia

Bus finally fixed and a nice drive today after visiting home of Whirling Dervishes out over the plains of Konya and up to the rolling hills and stone formations of Cappodocia. We past sugar beet and harvesting wheat and many different tractors and trucks and ploughs - very interesting for the farmer who was able to keep the bus up to date with the many different implements and techniques we saw out the windows . Even a few sheep and cattle and donkeys. No ruins today but an intact Caravanarasi - a fortified camp ground for the camel trains which travelled down to the Antalyain coastal ports. Tall walls and indoor and outdoor camping ( for the snowy winter) as well as kitchen, baths, store and mosque.



The men fixing the bus








Didn't splash out at the carpet show as I couldn't find one I liked - strange but true.

See you soon

Love Wendy and Graeme

2 comments:

  1. Glad bus fixed,shame about carpet, I was looking forward to sinking my feet into a lovely silk carpet. Caravanserai sounded interesting, I take it that it is still in use? I expect some comments re bellydancers, it is just like commenting on tractors and other farm stuff, all in a day's work!!! Raining again here, races this weekend, town filling fast xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi

    When are you doing your balloon flight?? Isn't it at Cappodocia? Richard Fidler is there now doing a balloon flight - look out for him! Looks amazing on the website - a few more rocks and hills in the landscape than at Canowindra!
    Robbie

    ReplyDelete